JOB DESCRIPTION: Quantitative Finance Researcher (Interns)
Please send CVs to TaiwanTalent@point72.com
About Cubist / Point72
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic investment strategies.
Cubist Systematic Strategies is the systematic investing business of Point72. Cubist deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The strategy relies heavily upon rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies.
Quantitative Researchers Interns are responsible for independently conducting quantitative financial research with a focus on statistical and predictive models. Successful researchers manage all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, testing, prototyping, backtesting, and performance monitoring.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering or other
- GPA ranked within the top 20% of entire class.
- Programming in any of the following: C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Keen interest in quantitative research and metrics driven decision making.
- Demonstrable ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for spotting trends in data.
- Willingness to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Some proficiency in English.
Prior experience developing, researching, or implementing quantitative models for equities is preferred, but not required. We will provide training for new researchers without finance backgrounds.